Digital Project Director
£60k-£70k plus excellent benefits, Cheshire
We are working exclusively with a Cheshire based agency to help them recruit a Digital Project Director. They are a global business working with clients in the healthcare sector around the globe. The role will lead the agency on digital, whilst they are already delivering a number of tactical digital projects, they are transforming the ability of their teams to understand all digital channels and technology developments through a digital transformation plan, and this position will play a lead role in continuing to deliver against the plan and drive through the digital agenda. The role will work as part of an integrated team of Scientific, Medical and Marketing professionals to lead on all aspects of their digital offering by providing experience and direction to deliver against clients digital requirements. We’re looking for a team player who can develop strong relationships throughout the business, who can also work within the digital constraints of a large global corporate but still be innovative. The role is primarily about Digital Comms, Content and Education, understanding how best digital can be used in delivery, and coordinating the production and delivery of relevant world-class digital assets.
Overall Purpose of Role:
• Supplement existing offering to support continued company growth, lead, drive and deliver our digital success
• To work collaboratively across all aspects of the business, assessing all client accounts for digital opportunities
• Make use of an existing suite of digital technology solutions to lead ongoing development and delivery of digital products and services
• Identify specific areas of the business that will benefit from investing in digital solutions to add value to our client relationships, live projects and proposals
• Lead continued evolution of digital/technology capabilities and wider staff knowledge levels
• As part of strategic business planning, inspire, inform and deliver the vision for continuing digital innovation to support an ongoing process of digital transformation
• To innovate within an agreed range of digital technology solutions, suppliers and standards, ranging from incremental to disruptive, but always keeping maintenance of profitable growth at the heart of the decision
• To be the champion of digital change, working with all directors across the business and external partners, creating a spirit and culture of collaboration that delivers incremental value
• To embed and support innovative digital thinking throughout the company
• Be a strategic partner to solve problems through creativity and innovation, whilst working within an agreed governance framework
• Contribute to strategic business discussions
• Be current in external digital development, bringing new ideas and opportunities to the business
• Maintain an oversight of quality management and (if needed) selection of core suppliers
• Sharing of best practices, trends, new technologies, business trends, etc. with colleagues across the business, bringing ideas to life
• Initiate and deliver appropriate training to optimise digital delivery
• Build and maintain strong relationships across the organisation, touching all key support functions and key stakeholders, staying abreast of short- and long-term business drivers
• Support all teams at client meetings to consult and sell digital outcomes and capability
• Represent the business externally from a digital perspective at pitches, professional meetings, exhibitions and with partner agencies
• Manage creative and highly technical suppliers and freelancers, including briefing, onboarding, overseeing and anticipating their needs
• Translate highly technical requirements into plain English without jargon
• Proven digital leadership experience and strong commercial acumen.
• Proven experience operating at a senior level within global brands and experience of working with colleagues and clients, experts in their fields, understanding their needs and restrictions, and developing strong digital ideas and solutions.
• Keen and active appreciation for quality content and how it can be produced and have greatest impact through digital channels.
• A strategic thinker, capable of working with internal stakeholders to scope and plan activity, sometimes up to a year or more in advance.
• Strong operational/project delivery knowledge of digital and experience across all areas of digital business including digital standards (GDPR, appreciation of Cyber Security requirements) delivery, strategy, planning, design, UX, development, testing and deployment
• Agile project management experience
• Experience of bringing digital innovation to life, from idea/concept to implementation
• Experience of managing high level cross functional projects
Experience within the Healthcare, Medical, Pharmaceutical or Scientific sector is highly beneficial, but we’re also interested in hearing from candidates who have experience from heavily regulated sectors, or from Academia, Education or Publishing sectors, or perhaps Public Sector with complex digital comms challenges. Experience within an agency environment would be beneficial but not essential.
60000-70000 plus excellent benefits
Proven experience operating at a senior level within global brands and experience of working with colleagues and clients, experts in their fields, understanding their needs and restrictions, and developing strong digital ideas and solutions
The role will lead the agency on digital and technology, whilst they are already delivering a number of tactical digital projects, they are transforming the ability of their teams to understand all digital channels and technology developments through a digital transformation plan, and this position will play a lead role in continuing to deliver against the plan and drive through the digital agenda
At Creative Resource we take your data privacy very seriously. Click here for details which explain what information we process and what we do with it in accordance with GDPR regulations.